Pioneers Finish Fourth At NEC Women’s Golf Championship
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Led by sixth-place finishes from Gabriella Riber (Stockholm, Sweden) and Malin Wallhede (Molnlycke, Sweden), the Sacred Heart women's golf team finished fourth at the Northeast Conference Women's Golf Championship at LPGA International on Sunday.
Riber and Wallhede were part of a four-way tie for sixth in the individual competition, both scoring 20-over par for the tournament. Wallhede was tied for third entering play Sunday, but carded an 83 to finish the tournament with a score of 236. Riber carded a 77 on Sunday, her same score from Friday's first round. Brianna Carnahan (Port Jefferson, N.Y.) finished in a tie for 12th after firing a final round 78, finishing 24-over par for the tournament. Jennifer Clinton (Sayville, N.Y.) had a final round 88 to finish tied for 24th.
As a team, the Pioneers were +38 on Sunday and finished the tournament +95, one stroke behind Fairleigh Dickinson for third place. LIU Brooklyn won the team competition with a team score of +78, 12 shots ahead of Central Connecticut State. Sacred Heart was five shots clear of fifth-place Saint Francis U.
Team Results – Final Round
1. LIU Brooklyn +78 (304-312-326)
2. CCSU +90 (315-328-311)
3. Fairleigh Dickinson +94 (312-324-322)
4. Sacred Heart +95 (321-312-326)
5. Saint Francis U +100 (322-328-314)
6. Monmouth +101 (328-319-318)
7. Quinnipiac +117 (318-324-339)
8. Wagner +130 (331-331-332)
9. Robert Morris +144 (340-335-333)
10. Mount St. Mary's +148 (341-335-336)
11. St. Francis Brooklyn +211 (361-373-341)