Setting the Scene... After being snowed out of Bryant this weekend, Sacred Heart Head Coach Ed Swanson looks for his 400th career win when the Pioneers host the Fairleigh Dickinson on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. in the William H. Pitt Center. The Pioneers are currently on a six-game win streak and look to improve it to seven against the 4-7 Knights.
Series Notes... This is the 23rd time in program history the Pioneers have played Fairleigh Dickinson
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series, 21-1
- Sacred Heart is a perfect 11-0 at home against the Knights
- SHU's only loss to Fairleigh Dickinson came on Jan. 31, 2002 at FDU where the Knights edged out the Pioneers 64-60
- The teams have faced each other twice in the NEC Tournaments, both times in the Quartfinal round. SHU took both matchup, winning 83-55 in 2006 and 62-58 in 2012. Both season, the Pioneers went on to win the championship
SHU Against the NEC... Sacred Heart is 201-99 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents
- The Pioneers went 15-3 last season against the NEC, including three tournament wins en route to their third NEC Championship
- Sacred Heart only lost to Quinnipiac, Monmouth and LIU Brooklyn last year
- SHU has a winning record against all NEC teams: Bryant 9-7, Central Connecticut State 26-13, Fairleigh Dickinson 22-1, LIU Brooklyn 15-12, Monmouth 18-11, Mount St. Mary's 23-4, Quinnipiac 34-26, Robert Morris 18-7, Saint Francis U 14-8, St. Francis Brooklyn 21-9 and Wagner 19-8
Last Season Against the Knights... The Pioneers only faced Fairleigh Dickinson once in the 2011-12 regular season: on the road in Teaneck, N.J. Sacred Heart came home with the 62-47 win. Sacred Heart faced the Knights once more last season when they hosted them on March 3 in the quartfinals of the NEC Tournament. SHU topped FDU, knocking them out of the tournament, 62-58. Three Pioneers reached double-digit scoring in the win. Then-senior Callan Taylor led the game with 16, while Gabrielle Washington posted 13 and Morgan Merriman had 12.