PRINCETON, N.J. – The Sacred Heart women's outdoor track and field took part in the Sam Howell Invitational, hosted by Princeton University, on Saturday afternoon.
- Lauren Tanner and Sierrah Rich were both finalists in the javelin throw, placing fourth and eighth, respectively
- Tanner threw a new personal-best of 39.51m which met New England qualifying standards while placing her third in the conference
- Rich hit 31.64m with her best throw of the day
- Fellow thrower Madelyn Bradway finished eighth in the hammer with a throw of 46.32m and also placed ninth in the discus with a throw of 41.95m
- Jacqueline Thorne currently sits second in the conference with her seventh-place result on Saturday as she crossed the line in 11:19.85 in the 3000m steeplechase
- Emma Cary and Gaelyn Kattman entered the Top 10 rankings in the NEC with their 5000m races
Cary clocked in at 17:56.69 while Kattman finished in 18:42.67
Next up for the Pioneers is a busy weekend as SHU is participating in three different events across three days starting with The Mount Multis Heptathlon & Decathlon (April 11-12) as well as the George Mason Springtime Invitational and the Rider Invitational on April 13th.