Feb 16, 2019
The Sacred Heart University women's indoor track and field team placed fourth at the 2019 Northeast Conference Championship, compiling 67 points.
The Pioneers return to action on February 24 at the BU Last Chance Meet.
- Emma Cary was the highest individual finisher at the women's meet with her second-place finish in the 5,000m with a personal best time of 17:50.85
- The Pioneers also had top-seven finishes in the event, from Gaelyn Kattman placed fourth (18:37.90), and Jodi DiCicco placed seventh (18:52.81); both personal-best times
- Brigit Kelly just missed scoring with a ninth-place finish and a personal best of 19:00.62
- The women's distance medley relay team consisting of Bianca DeLucia, Olivia Kneski, Jackie Thorne, and Emily Weiss also finished second with an overall time of 12:08.96
- Throne (5:08.00) placed fifth in the mile final, and DeLucia placed seventh, with a personal-best run of 5:08.52
- Samantha Curran placed fourth in the shotput, with a throw of 12.60m, while Brianna Lavinier finished seventh, with a throw of 12.43m
- Olivia Weiss moved up one spot in the 800m, placing fifth with a run of 2:16.85
- Amy Vegliante placed fourth in the pole vault after clearing an indoor personal-best height of 3.50m
- Jillian Kilmer placed eighth in the 60m hurdles, with a personal-best time of 9.32