The Sacred Heart University women's indoor track and field team completed its preparations for the upcoming Northeast Conference Championship with a strong showing at the 13thAnnual Giegengack Invitational at Yale University.
- Three Pioneers earned berths in the finals of the 60m dash, led by a third place showing from Tara Brody (7.89) who moved to 10thin the NEC rankings with the effort
- Adrianna Forcucci placed fifth at 8.02, while Grace Glennon stopped the clock at 8.26, for eighth place
- Amy Vegliante placed first in the pole vault with a vault of 3.35m and ranks fifth in the NEC
- Erika Johnson finished seventh in the weight throw with a toss of 14.08m
- Danielle Mannino was the top SHU finisher in the women's mile with personal-best time of 5:36:54
The Pioneers are in action, Friday and Saturday, at the NEC Indoor Track and Field Championship. The event is hosted at Ocean Breeze Track and Field Center in Staten Island N.Y.