The Sacred Heart University women's indoor track and field team competed at the John Thomas Terrier Women's Invitational Friday, hosted by Boston University. The days competition was highlighted by a pair of New England qualifying times for the Pioneers.
SHU returns to action February 1-2 at the New England Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston, Mass.
- Jackie Thorne notched the qualifying time in the mile, running a 5:04.20 to move to first in the NEC standings
- Olivia Weiss ran a 2:16.88 time in the 800m, a tie that ranks her second in the NEC and surpassed the New England qualifying standard
- Bianca De Lucia was the Pioneers second finisher in the mile, with a personal-best run of 5:13.15
- Brenna Thibodeau also notched a personal-best, in the 1000m, with a time of 3:05.55
- Samantha Curran threw the shot put, 12.41m, good for 12thplace – the Pioneers top finisher
- Madelyn Bradway recorded a personal-best 14.76m throw in the weight throw, placing 14thFriday, and moving to third in the NEC season rankings
- The 5,000m saw a pair of personal-best times from Gaelyn Kattman (18:48.35) and Brigit Kelly (19:03.43) and a season-best, 18:48.68) from Emma Cary and the trio ranks 1-2-3 in the NEC in the event
- Amy Vegliante placed eighth in the pole vault, clearing 3.35m
- Fahra Whichard was the Pioneers top finisher in the 400m with a time of 1:01.07, while Grace Glennon was the team's top finisher in the 200m with a run of 26.53
- Three Pioneers jumped over five meters in the long jump: Breanna DeGennaro (5.14m), Antonia Hoyos (5.13m), and Jillian Kilmer (5.01)