The Sacred Heart University women's indoor track and field team performed well at its second meet of the calendar year, the Albany Great Dane Classic at Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y. The Pioneers had two student-athletes post New England qualifying performances on the day.
The women's track and field team will be back in action on January 19 at the Quadrangular Meet in Boston. The Pioneers will compete with Boston University, Boston College and UMass Lowell.
- Samantha Curran threw a personal-best in the shot put, 12.73m, placing fifth and moving into seventh in the NEC, while earning a New England's qualifying standard
- Jackie Thorne posted a time of 3:01.67 in the 1000m to place seventh and qualify for New England's
- Antonia Hoyos reached the finals in the triple jump, with an 11.24m effort her best of the competition, and remains second in the NEC in the event
- Amy Vegliante placed fifth in the pole vault with a vault of 3.35m
- Tanaya Wade made it to the second round in the 60m, running an 8.10 followed by an 8.08
- Julia Koenig was the top SHU finisher in the 800, with a time of 2:28.27
- Jodi DiCicco was the top SHU finisher in the mile, with a run of 5:13.76
- Bonnie Wilder and Brigit Kelly both ran personal best times in the 5,000m, with Wilder crossing at 19:12.33, and Kelly with at 19:20.67