NEW HAVEN, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's tennis team picked up its third straight Northeast Conference victory as the team defeated Mount Saint Mary's by a final score of 6-1. The Pioneers will return to action on Saturday April. 13 when SHU hosts LIU Brooklyn. Matches begin at 6:00 p.m.
In singles play, five Pioneers would pick up victories starting with junior Brianne Lauria as she defeated Megan Smith 7-6 (2), 6-1. Sophomore Keira Tobia would then defeat Hannah Davis 6-2, 6-2 followed by a victory by fellow sophomore Lauren Santarsiero who defeated Taylor Cook 6-0, 6-1. Redshirt senior Sabrina Navarro would defeat Mia Pittman 6-1, 6-4 while junior Adrianne Alfonso would walk away with a victory defeating Emma Blake 6-4, 6-0.
In doubles play, SHU would take two of three matches as the first was unfinished. The duo of senior Olivia Podsiebierski and Navarro would defeat Blake and Smith 7-5 while Tobia and Creivi would defeat Pittman and Cook 7-5.
1. Alexa Quintanilla (MSMW) def. Olivia Podsiebierski (SHU) 5-7, 6-0, 10-1
2. Brianne Lauria (SHU) def. Megan Smith (MSMW) 7-6 (7-2), 6-1
3. Keira Tobia (SHU) def. Hannah Davis (MSMW) 6-2, 6-2
4. Lauren Santarsiero (SHU) def. Taylor Cook (MSMW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Sabrina Navarro (SHU) def. Mia Pittman (MSMW) 6-1, 6-4
6. Adrianne Alfonso (SHU) def. Emma Blake (MSMW) 6-4, 6-0