LOUDONVILLE, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Tennis team fell to Siena this afternoon by a final score of 6-1. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, Mar. 15 when the Pioneers host Hofstra. Matches begin at 5:00 p.m.
While the Pioneers were unable to tally a win in singles play, in doubles SHU was able to tally two wins. The first came from the duo of senior Olivia Podsiebierski and sophomore Kiera Tobia would defeat Megan Brown and Kylie Mullaney 6-2 while the duo of junior Brianne Lauria and redshirt senior Sabrina Navarro would defeat Natalie Weaver and Ann Phillips 6-2.
1. Megan Brown (SIENA) def. Brianne Lauria (SHU) 6-3, 6-0
2. Kylie Mullaney (SIENA) def. Olivia Podsiebierski (SHU) 7-5, 2-6, 10-5
3. Nanea Perkins (SIENA) def. Lauren Santarsiero (SHU) 6-1, 4-6, 17-15
4. Natalie Weaver (SIENA) def. Laura Crivei (SHU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Laura Becker (SIENA) def. Keira Tobia (SHU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Dilara Spicer (SIENA) def. Sabrina Navarro (SHU) 6-2, 2-6, 10-6