Women's swimming and diving concluded the ECAC Winter Championship at the Nassau County Aquatic Center. The team placed 5thoverall scoring 787.5 total points. Junior Lauren Somers took 3rd in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 51.70, earning a new school record.
The team returns to action on January 26th versus Monmouth University.
- First-year Aleksandra Dauz and junior Kimberly Hylan both deliver season bests in the 200-yard backstroke.
- Senior Jessica Poole swam a 2:31.28 earning the Pioneers 3 points in the 200 breaststroke.
- Nicole Tingley placed 7thin the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:07.04.
100 Yard Freestyle
- Somers brought back bronze and a new team record in the 100 freestyle (51.70).
- Sophomore Emily Peter accumulated 13 points with a time of 53.63.
400 Freestyle Relay
- Tingley, Margaret Flaherty, Peter, and Somers closed out the championship with a 5thplace finish in the 400 freestyle relay. The relay topped their season best with a time of 3:34.78.