The Sacred Heart University swim and dive team continued day two of competition at the ECAC Winter Championship. In the morning session the Pioneers advanced to 428 points putting them 5thoverall. After the evening session Sacred Heart moved up to 4th.
The SHU divers competed on the 3-meter contributing 64 points to the team total.
The ECAC Championship will conclude Sunday beginning at 10am at the Nassau County Aquatic Center in East Meadow, NY.
- Freshman Molly Martin placed 3rdon the 3-meter with a score of 202.05.
- First-years Alexandra Bonanno placed 8thwith a score of 141.65 and Jessica Pianese scored 120.00 taking 12th.
- Junior Lauren Somers swam a 23.80 for 4thplace in the 50-yard freestyle. Freshman Nicole Tingley finished 9thwith a time of 24.84. Emily Peter accumulated 5 points for the Pioneers touching at 24.95, while Taylor Eck put up a 25.35.
- Somers took bronze in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:53.37. Kimberly Hylan finished 9th with a 1:55.08. Flaherty was good for 16th, picking up 11 points for SHU. Victoria Catizone, Nicole Sauve, Kaylyn Cuozzo, and Shanna Haddow all put up season best times.
- Tingley's 2:08.79 200 individual medley performance broke a school record and placed her 9thoverall. Fiona Maxwell, Jessica Poole, Dee Henry, Renee Russo, and Julia Pusateri all posted season bests in the 200IM.
- In the 100 -yard backstroke Eck finished 6th with a time of 58.39.
- Peter finished 4th in the 100-yard butterfly, taking home a new school record of 56.59.
- The 200 freestyle relay team of Tingley, Eck, Peter, and Somers tied for 4th with a time of 1:38.57.
- In the 400 medley relay the Pioneers swam a time of 3:59.16 placing them 9thto earn 40 points for Sacred Heart.