FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Softball team split its two games against Central Connecticut State this afternoon as the Pioneers fell in the first game 7-6 and prevailed in the second winning 8-0 in six innings. The Pioneers will return to action on Wednesday April 10 when SHU hosts Quinnipiac. First-pitch is set for 2:30 p.m.
SHU 6, CCSU 7
- Bottom of the 1st Inning- Senior Stephanie Mangiameli would score in from third to give the Pioneers a 1-0 lead.
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- Graduate Student Fallon Bevino would rip a single to center field scoring in fellow senior Hailey Desrosiers to put the Pioneers ahead 2-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- First-year Amy Petrovich would launch a single to left field scoring in Mangiameli to put the Pioneers ahead 3-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- Sophomore Kylee Harvey would reach on a fielders choice scoring in senior Addison Landry to put SHU ahead 4-0.
- Bottom of the 4th Inning- Junior Katelyn Christian would single to center field scoring in Desrosiers to give SHU a commanding 5-0 lead.
- Top of the 5th Inning- But this is when the Central Connecticut comeback begins as three run RBI double by Sydney Bolan would tighten the SHU lead to 5-3.
- Top of the 5th Inning- A two RBI single by Emily Cronin would tie the game up at 5-5.
- Top of the 6th Inning- A sac fly and an RBI single would give CCSU a 7-5 lead heading into the bottom of the sixth inning.
- Bottom of the 6th Inning- The Pioneers would attempt a comback as Bevino would knock in an RBI single to left field scoring in Desrosiers but that would be all the scoring making the final score 7-6 CCSU.
- The Pioneers would outhit the Blue Devils 10-6 in the game.
- At the plate, SHU was led by senior Hailey Desrosiers who went 3-4 in the game with three runs scored.
- In the circle, senior Kristen McCann would tally the loss as she went six and two thirds innings giving up five runs on three hits and stirking out seven. Her record dropped to 6-9 on the year.
SHU 8, CCSU 0 F/6
- Bottom of the 2nd Inning- Amy Petrovich would score from third on a wild pitch to put the Pioneers ahead early 1-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd Inning- Fallon Bevino would reach first on an error at first base scoring in Stephanie Mangiameli to put SHU ahead 2-0.
- Bottom of the 5th Inning- Katelyn Christian would fire off a double to left center scoring in two runs to put SHU up 4-0.
- Bottom of the 5th Inning- Bevino would follow up with a double of her own scoring in Christian to put the Pioneers ahead 5-0.
- Bottom of the 5th Inning- Petrovich would make the third striaght double happen to score in Bevino and to put SHU ahead 6-0.
- Bottom of the 5th Inning- A double steal would score in Petrovich to conclude the fifth inning with SHU up 7-0.
- Bottom of the 6th Inning- Petrovich would rip an RBI single to center field scoring in Hannah Errico to give the Pioneers the 8-0 victory.
- The Pioneers would easily outhit the Blue Devils in the second game 11 to three.
- At the plate, SHU was led by first-year Amy Petrovich who went 3-4 from the plate with two RBI and a double.
- In the circle, senior Emily Orosco was solid for SHU as she went all six innings allowing no runs on just three hits and striking out six to improve her record to 5-4 on the year.