FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Softball team (17-14 overall, 3-1 NEC) took two games away from Mount Saint Mary's (13-18 overall, 1-3 NEC) as SHU took the first game 6-4 and walked-off in the second game by a final score of 4-3. SHU heads right back to action tomorrow as they travel to take on Siena for a doubleheader. First-pitch is set for 3:00 p.m.
SHU 6, MSM 4
- Bottom of the 2nd inning- Graduate Student Fallon Bevino would kick off the game with a solo homer to left field to put the Pioneers up 1-0.
- Top of the 3rd inning- An RBI single by Kaylee Stoner would even the score up at 1-1.
- Top of the 4th inning- The Mount would rack up three runs in the inning off a pair of RBI singles and a bases loaded walk to take a 4-1 lead.
- Bottom of the 4th inning- But the Pioneers would answer back as junior Katelyn Christian launched a homer to left field to tighten the Mount lead to 4-2.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- Christian would then double to left field scoring in senior Hailey Desrosiers to cut the Mount lead to 4-3.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- First-year Amy Petrovich would knock in Addison Landry off a single to center field to tie the game up at 4-4.
- Bottom of the 5th inning- First-year Alyssa Gonzalez would also rip a single to left field scoring in Bevino to give the Pioneers a 5-4 lead.
- Bottom of the 6th inning- Christian would cap her three hit game with an RBI double to center scoring in Stephanie Mangiameli to give the Pioneers the 6-4 win.
- The Pioneers would outhit the Mount 11-9 in the game.
- Sophomore Shyanne Fennell would tally the win to improve to 5-3 on the season as she went two innings giving up no runs on three hits.
- At the plate Katelyn Christian led the way for SHU as she went 3-4 at the plate with three RBI, two doubles and one homerun.
SHU 4 MSM 3
- Bottom of the 1st inning- Fallon Bevino would rip a double to left field scoring in Mangiameli and Desrosiers to put the Pioneers up 2-0.
- Top of the 2nd inning- Kaylee Stoner would knock a single to left center scoring in one to tighten the SHU lead to 2-1.
- Top of the 3rd inning- A homerun by Lindsay Heinze would tie the game up at 2-2.
- Bottom of the 3rd inning- SHU would answer back as senior Stephanie Mangiameli would fire off a homer to right field to give the Pioneers a 3-2 lead.
- Top of the 6th inning- An RBI double by Morgan Alisauckas would tie the game up at 3-3.
- Bottom of the 7th inning- A walk-off RBI double by Katelyn Christian would give the Pioneers the 4-3 victory.
- The Pioneers would be outhit in the game 9-5 by the Mount.
- At the plate, senior Stephanie Mangiameli led the way going 2-3 with an RBI and a homerun.
- In the circle, senior Kristen McCann would pick up her sixth win of the season going two innings striking out three and allowing just one run on two hits.