Lynchburg, Va.- The Sacred Heart University Softball team defeated Quinnipiac tonight by a final score of 8-0 in five innings. The Pioneers will conclude play at the Liberty Softball Classic tomorrow when the Pioneers will face Liberty at 12:00 p.m.
Sacred Heart University Pioneers (4-3 overall, 0-0 NEC)
Quinnipiac University Bobcats (3-7 overall, 0-0 MAAC)
- The Pionners would jump out to an early 1-0 lead courtesy of an RBI single by graduate student Fallon Bevino who scored in junior Katelyn Christian to put the Pioneers head in the first inning
- Then an inning later senior Hailey Desrosiers would knock a double to right center scoring in two runs which included sophomore Caroline Kruger and freshman Brianna Santos to put the Pioneers up 3-0 in the second inning.
- Thn just three batters later, Bevino would strike again as she would rip a double to left field socring in Christian and sophomore Kylee Harvey to put the Pioneers ahead 5-0. The Pioneers would tally one more run in the inning to put them ahead 6-0 heading into the third inning of play.
- In the third inning the Pioneers would continue the offensive push as junior Jennie Boisvert would launch a solo homerun to left field to put the Pioneers ahead 7-0 with no outs in the inning.
- Then Chrsitian would be the continous hitter as she would knock in an RBI double down the left field line to put the Pioneers ahead 8-0 at the end of three innings.
- Dominate pitching by senior Emily Orosco and senior Kristen McCann would put lead to the Pioneers shutting out the Bobcats 8-0.