The Sacred Heart Pioneers would drop the opening round of the NEC tournament 6-3 to the Wagner Seahawks. The Pioneers were led by Victoria D'Addario who went 3 for 4 at the plate. Sacred Heart looks to bounce back tomorrow as they take on Robert Morris in a must win game, at 1:00pm.
- Cierra Casale, and Hailey Desrosiers would hit their first homeruns of the season
- Victoria D'Addario was on, going 3 for 4 at the plate
Wagner 6 Sacred Heart 3
- The Pioneers were first to strike, as Lauren Delgadillo would lead off with a walk. Katelyn Christian kept the momentum rolling for SHU, as she ripped a double to left center. Victoria D'Addario would pick up the RBI as she smoked a line drive to left field to put Sacred Heart up 1-0
- The Pioneer bats would get hot in the second as well as Cierra Casale would show off her opposite field power, sending on over the fence and putting SHU up 2-0
- Wagner would put things together in the top of the third, loading the bases up with two outs. The Seahawks would tie the game up with a double.
- SHU would respond instantly in the bottom of the third, as Hailey Desrosiers would hit a deep ball to center field, putting SHU up 3-2.
- The Seahawks would respond in the top of the fourth really putting things together, putting up four runs. The Seahawks would take the lead 6-3
- The Pioneers threaten in the bottom of the sixth, putting runners in scoring position, but the Wagner pitching change would pay off, as SHU would strand the runners enter the last inning
- D'Addario would pick up a hit in hopes of a two out rally, but the Seahawks would hold on to take the game 6-3
- Jamie Carlson would take the loss on the mound, pitching 6.2 innings. Carlson would give up 7 hits, and allow three walks.