The Pioneers would end the Pennsylvania road trip in style, as they swept the Colonials of Robert Morris in a double header. The Pioneers snuck past Robert Morris in game one, winning 1-0, and catch fire in game two, posting a new season high, 17 hits and a 9-2 win. The Pioneers take on the Hartford Hawks in a double header this Tuesday, before their final double header of NEC play against Fairleigh Dickinson on May 6th. With these wins the Pioneers secure a spot in the 2017 NEC tournament, hosted by top seeded Saint Francis U.
Sacred Heart 1 Robert Morris 0
- • Lauren Delgadillo would get things started for SHU, reaching first on an error, and steal second base during the next at bat. Victoria D'Addario would step up to the plate, and drive a single to right field to bring Delgadillo in, and give SHU a 1-0 lead
- • The Pioneers defense was lights out, keeping RMU off the board, after a fifth inning scare.
- • The Pioneers wouldn't get any addition runs on the board but would finish off the game with a 1-0 win
- • Jamie Carlson would hold the Colonials scoreless in her effort on the mound, striking out five, and allowing five hits. Carlson would mover her shutout number to six on the year
Sacred Heart 9 Robert Morris 2
- • SHU started things on fire in game two, as Delgadillo led off with a double to left field, followed by a single from Desrosiers. Although Delgadillo would be thrown out at the plate, Fallon Bevino would smoke a sacrifice fly to right field to bring in Desrosiers.
- • Katelyn Christian kept the first inning rolling, as she ripped a double to left field, bringing in D'Addario, and Andrea Sidor. Kristen McCann would show up to the scoring party with a double to bring in Christian. Leaving SHU with a 4-0 advantage
- • McCann would step to the mound in the top of the third, and touch every bag, as she hit a two run home run to right field give SHU a 6-0 lead
- • The Colonials would pick up their first runs of the day, in the bottom of the third, after a lead off walk, and a couple of singles. The Pioneers would get out of trouble, after D'Addario would roll a double play
- • Sacred Heart would attempt to respond in the following inning, after a two out rally, with D'Addario reaching on an error, Bevino singling to center, and Christian singling to right, but D'Addario would be thrown out at the plate to end the inning
- • The Pioneers bats were just too hot, as they would add an addition run in the top of the sixth, as Lindsey Spitz would single to center field, bringing in Addison Landry
- • Final score of the game would end up being 9-2, with SHU holding a NEC record of 8-6
- • McCann would get the win on the mound, as she would strike out three Colonials, and give up 8 hits.