The Pioneers took on undefeated Saint Francis U, as they looked to dethrone the NEC powerhouse. SHU would go on to drop both games, but give the Red Flash a scare in game two, putting the first run on the board. The Pioneers take on Robert Morris tomorrow in a double header at 12pm, and 2pm.
Saint Francis U 8 Sacred Heart 0
- The Red Flash was first to get on the board as they put up three runs in the opening inning of play
- The Pioneers threatened in the top of the 4th, as Hailey Desrosier singled up the middle. Saint Francis U would get out of the inning, as they turned a double play off a Andrea Sidor line drive
- The Pioneers bats would go cold as they would end the game short, losing 8-0 in five innings
- Jamie Carlson would take the loss on the mound, as she would strikeout four Red Flash, and give up eight hits
Saint Francis U 4 Sacred Heart 1
- The Pioneers would start game two looking to split with the Red Flash, as Lauren Delgadillo would lead off with a double to center field. Desrosiers would sacrifice bunt her over to third, but the next two Pioneers would struggle to get Delgadillo in, as she was stranded on third base
- SHU would hold SFU scoreless in the bottom of the first, and get right back to the bats in the 2nd, as Katelyn Christian would single up the middle to lead off. Kristen McCann would hit Christian in, with a single to left field to put the Pioneers first run on the board
- The Red Flash would open things up in the bottom of the third, posting four runs off of three hits, holding the score to 4-1 in favor of SFU
- Top of the 5th, the Pioneers would look to regain the lead, as Delgadillo would single to center field, followed up a Desrosier single, leaving Delgadillo in scoring position. Andrea Sidor would fly out to end the inning
- The Red Flash would hold on to their slim lead to take game two, 4-1.
- McCann would pitch all six innings, letting up seven hits, and striking out six Red Flash