The Sacred Heart softball team would head to Loudonville, N.Y. to take on the Saint of Siena in a non-conference double header. SHU would drop both games, but show signs of light at the plate in game one, out hitting the Saints 7-6. The Pioneers prep for the tough Pennsylvania trip this weekend, as they take on Saint Francis U, and Robert Morris.
Siena 7 Sacred Heart 3
- Katleyn Christian picked up a single in the first inning, followed by a double to left center from Victoria D'Addario to put SHU up 1-0 early
- The Saints would answer in the bottom of the first, picking up four runs, after hitting a three run homerun
- Hannah Ford led off the second inning with a solo homerun, her first of the year. Moving the score to 4-2 in favor of Siena
- Siena would pick up an additional two runs, after Emily Orosco allowed the bases loaded.
- SHU would continue to chip away, picking up a run in the third, after Hailey Desrosiers reached base to lead off on a fielding error. D'Addario would bring her in on a sacrifice fly to left field. Leaving SHU down 6-3 in the top of the third
- The Pioneers bats would get cold, as they wouldn't get any additional runs the remainder of the game
- Orosco would take the loss on the mound, moving her record to 1-3 on the year.
- Christian would finish game one 2 for 4 at the plate.
- D'Addario would gather two RBI's
- Jamie Carlson would take the mound for 3.1 innings, striking out the only two batters of the game.
Siena 7 Sacred Heart 0
- The Saints got on the board first, picking up two runs in the opening inning of game two
- SHU would struggle on both ends, as they would only produce three hits in game two. Leading the Pioneers at the plate was Andrea Sidor, and Desrosiers, and Christain who each went 1 for 3
- Kristen McCann took the loss on the mound, pitching 3.1 innings, and giving up 5 earned runs.