The Pioneers honored their seniors in their final game at Pioneer Park prior to SHU splitting a pair of games with Mount St. Mary's. Andrea Sidor stole the show in game two, hitting a two run homerun to give SHU a 5-0 win. Sacred Heart hits the road to take on Siena on Thursday the 27th. The Pioneers start NEC play back up as they take on Saint Francis U, and Robert Morris this weekend.
Mount St. Mary's 3 Sacred Heart 0
- It was a pitchers duel early in the game, with each team holding each other scoreless thru the first four innings.
- The Pioneers attempted a two out rally in the bottom of the fourth, with Victoria D'Addario singling up the middle to start, followed by a hit from Katelyn Christian. Mount St. Mary's would get out of the inning after a ground ball from Kristen McCann to keep the score, 0-0
- The Mountaineers were first get on the board, in the top of the 5th, following a SHU error, and a double to put Mount up 1-0
- The Mountaineers would tally another run in the sixth inning coming from a wild throw from the Sacred Heart catcher.
- Mount St. Mary's would add an insurance run in the top of the seventh, as the score would stand 3-0, with the Mountaineers taking game one.
- Jamie Carlson would go the distance in game one, posting six strikeouts, and also allowing six hits.
Sacred Heart 5 Mount St. Mary's 0
- Kristen McCann got the nod on the mound for game two, as she opened the game striking out the side
- The Pioneer's brought their A-game to start the second game, as they started the first inning, picking up three runs. The first Pioneer to cross the plate was Andrea Sidor, but the big hit of the inning came from McCann, who blasted a double to bring in Lauren Delgadillo, and Katelyn Christian.
- Sidor continues to make her presence known at the plate, as she cranks a homerun to left field, giving SHU a 5-0 lead
- McCann went the distance on the mound, striking out 10 Mountaineers, and only allowing three hits.