The Pioneers took on the Wagner Seahawks for a NEC double-header, as they would pick up an opening game win 4-2, and fall in the second 1-0. Jamie Carlson pitched a complete game in the first, as she also shinned at the plate, picking up a hit, and an RBI. The Pioneers have a pair of road games, as they take on Yale, and Fairfield, before coming back to Pioneers Park on Saturday to take one LIU Brooklyn.
Sacred Heart 4 Wagner 2
- The Pioneers were first to get on the board, after a big 4th inning. A Lauren Delgadillo single to left field, and Hailey Desrosiers single, started things off. Fallon Bevino would draw a walk to bring in Delgadillo, which would start things, as SHU would pick up one more run coming from a Carlson single to left field.
- The Pioneers defense was stellar, holding the Seahawks scoreless till the sixth inning. Wagner would put two runs on the board to tie the game up at 2-2
- With the game tied up the Pioneers had to respond, and that they did, as they would pick up two more runs, off an error from the Wagner third basemen to win the game 4-2
Wagner 1 Sacred Heart 0
- Wagner would pick up the lone run of the game in the opening inning
- The Pioneers had trouble getting the bats going, as Wagner's McKaleigh Goodale pitching was on point
- Delgadillo lead off with a single in the bottom of the 4th, as SHU looked ready to make a run, but wouldn't be able to capitalize
- Kristin McCann would catch the loss on the mound, as she would end the game with 9 strikeouts, and give up a lone one hit