The Sacred Heart softball team split a double header with the Bryant Bulldogs, as Kristen McCann went the distance in game two, to pick up a 2-1 win. The Pioneers were led by Lauren Delgadillo, who went 3-7 at the plate. SHU gets right back to Northeast Conference play, as they head home to take on the Seahawks of Wagner in a double header tomorrow at 1:00pm.
Bryant 2 Sacred Heart 0
- The Pioneers threatened to score in the opening inning after a Hailey Desrosiers double, but the Bulldog pitching would take over to end the inning
- The Bulldogs got on the board in the first inning, after a lead off walk, which later led to a single to right field to bring her in
- SHU struggled at the plate in the following three innings, as they wouldn't pick up another hit till the top of the 5th, coming from Hannah Ford.
- The Bulldogs would pick up their final run of the game in the fourth, as they would take the game 2-0
- Jamie Carlson would take the loss on the mound, pitching all six innings and striking out seven.
Sacred Heart 2 Bryant 1
- The Bulldogs would start off where they left off, picking up a run in the first inning
- The Pioneers would threaten in the third inning, after a Delgadillo single to center field
- McKenna Wiegand would start things in the 5th inning, leading off with a single to left field. Wiegand would go on to score off an error from the Bryant shortstop to tie the game up at 1-1. The Pioneers would end the 5th inning strong adding one more run, off a sacrifice fly from Katelyn Christian, to bring in Delgadillo.
- After a big 5th inning, McCann would finish out the game and pick up her third win of the season. McCann would only give up three hits, and strike out three Bulldogs.