The Sacred Heart softball team opened up NEC play, splitting with the Blue Devils of Central Connecticut. Jamie Carlson went the distance in the first game, blanking the Blue Devils in the 2-0 victory. The Pioneers would drop the second game 3-2 after a late Blue Devil rally. SHU hit the road for a couple of games as they take on Quinnipiac the 11th, and Bryant on the 14th.
Sacred Heart 2 Central Connecticut 0
- It was a pitchers duel to start the game, as home plate remained clean in the first four innings.
- Kristen McCann came in to pinch hit in the bottom of the fifth inning, and did her job with a single down the left field line. The next batter was Andrea Sidor who singled to center field to leave a pair of Pioneers on the bases for Hailey Desrosiers. Desrosiers would get a big hit that would bring in the two, to put SHU up 2-0
- Carlson would get the win on the mound to improve her record to 7-7. Carlson would register nine strikeouts, while only allowing four hits
Central Connecticut 3 Sacred Heart 2
- Each team would get on the board in the first inning to start the game. SHU's Lauren Delgadillo would lead off with a single down the right field line, which would lead to a run off an Katelyn Christian ground ball
- The Pioneers would get their first lead of the game in the bottom of fourth, as Fallon Bevino would lead off with a walk, that would end with a Kristen McCann double to right field, to bring in Bevino.
- The Pioneers wouldn't be able to hold the lead as Central Connecticut would hit a solo homerun in the top of the seventh to force extra innings
- In extra innings the Blue Devils would pick up a run in the top of the 8th, to move the score to 3-2, which would go on to hold
- McCann would throw 7.1 innings, striking out a season high 13 batters, while only allowing four hits on the day