The Pioneers went into their final day of the Buffalo Wild Wings Classic, and finished 2-0. The Pioneers picked up an 8-0 victory against Delaware St., and also beat Howard, 12-1. Sacred Heart was led by Kelyn Fillmore who went 3-4 against Howard. The Pioneers take on St. Mary's next weekend for a double header.
Sacred Heart 8, Delaware State 0
- SHU pitcher, Jamie Carlson shut out her second team in a row as she only gave up three hits against Delaware State. Carlson struck out six batters in the five innings of play.
- The Pioneers were dominant at the plate as Lauren Delgadillo, Kelyn Fillmore, Fallon Bevino, and Victoria D'Addario all went 2-3.
- The Pioneers had a big third, as they picked up three runs all unearned.
- Delgadillo single up the middle would bring in Jessica Dubbioso to kick off the five run fifth inning. D'addario would end the big inning with a single to center field, scoring Fallon.
Sacred Heart 12, Howard 1
- SHU's Kristen McCann got the win on the mound as she pitched six innings, and only gave up two hits. McCann allowed no runs on the game, and struck out six
- Howard got on the board first, picking up a run in the first inning, but Sacred Heart's Andrea Sidor single to senter field, would bring in D'Addario and SHU would go on to score another in the second and take the 2-1 lead
- The Pioneers bats caught fire, as they picked up additional runs in the 3rd inning and the 4th
- To seal the deal, the Pioneers ended the 7th inning with four runs and finished the Buffalo Wild Wings Classic with a 3-1 record