The Sacred Heart Softball team kicked off their 2017 season in Greenville, S.C. as they played in the Buffalo Wild Wings Classic. The Pioneers finished the first day of the tournament 1-1, as they picked up at 3-0 win over Toledo, and fell to Furman 7-4. The Pioneers were led by Andrea Sidor, who would go 4-5 at the plate. The Pioneers take the diamond again tomorrow as they face Delaware State, and Howard.
Sacred Heart 3, Toledo 0
- The Pioneers were led by pitcher Jamie Carlson who picked up her first shutout of the season. Carlson only gave up three hits against the Rockets, and tallied seven strikeouts.
- The Pioneers got on the board early, as Andrea Sidor came to the plate with the bases loaded, and smoked a double to left field. Victoria D'Addario, and Fallon Bevino were the two Pioneers scoring in the second inning.
- Sacred Heart picked up their final run of the game in the third inning as a double from Kelyn Fillmore to left center brought in Addison Landry.
- Sidor led the team at the place, finishing the game 2-2 at the plate.
Furman 7, Sacred Heart 4
- Pioneer pitched Kristen McCann picked up the loss from the game after being taken out in the fourth inning
- Furman was able to pick up key runs to start the game, as they opened up the first inning with two run, followed by another run in the second.
- The Pioneers would rally to tie it up, 3-3 in the third after D'Addario double to right center, bringing in Bevino, and Jessica Dubbioso.
- D'Addario ended the game with three RBI's as she brought in Stephanie Mangiameli in the top of the fifth for the last SHU run.