FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Soccer team picked up its fifth Northeast Conference victory of the season as they defeated Mount Saint Mary's by a final score of 3-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday Oct. 25 when SHU hosts LIU. Kick-off is set for 3:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers would outshoot the Mount in the opening half by a tally of nine to five.
- Both goalies would make light work as SHU and Mount Saint Mary's tallied just two saves in the opening half.
- The defenses on both sides would be strong as neither side would be able to find the back of the net to keep the game scoreless heading into the second half.
- SHU out-numbered Mount Saint Mary's in corner kicks as tight approaches to the net would show as SHU tallied six corners while the Mount was held to just one.
- In the second period The Pioneers would increase the shot totals 17 to five in the half.
- With the high increase in shots in the half goals by the Pioneers were destined to occur.
- The goals started coming as first-year Anna Ludkiewicz would score the opening goal of the game off an assist by fellow first-year Nichol Green at 62:34 to put the Pioneers ahead 1-0.
- Just eight minutes later, SHU answered again as first-year Michelle Clarkin would tally her sixth goal of the season at 70:05 in the half off an assist by first-year Kathryn White to put the Pioneers ahead 2-0.
- The final nail in the coffin to the Mount came in the final minute of the game as first-year Meadow Mancini fired off the Pioneers third goal of the game at 89:07 to seal the 3-0 victory for SHU. An assist would be credited to senior Courtney Charbonneau.