Sacred Heart University announced its 18-game 2018 slate for the women's soccer program on Monday. The Pioneers will host nine games on the Park Avenue Field on Sacred Heart's campus. The 2018 season will be the first under the direction of head coach Matt Micros.
Breaking It Down
- The Pioneers will play games versus opponents representing six conferences; MAAC, AAC, Big East, Ivy, America East and Northeast Conference
- SHU takes on three Ivy League foes and three representatives of the America East Conference this season
- The women's soccer team will open the season against Iona at home on Friday, August 17 at 11 a.m. at the Park Avenue Field on campus.
The Conference Slate
- The Pioneers will play eight opponents during the campaign, in search of an NEC Tournament berth
- The top-four regular season teams qualify for the postseason tournament, hosted by the regular season champion
- The NEC opener is a home game versus Bryant on September 21st, followed by another home NEC contest versus Saint Francis University seven days later
- The Pioneers will then hit the road for two NEC games against LIU Brooklyn on September 30th and Central Connecticut State on October 5th
- SHU returns home on October 12th to take on Wagner, before traveling to take on Mount St. Mary's on October 14th
- The Pioneers will close conference play with a home contest against Robert Morris on October 21st and a road matchup against Fairleigh Dickinson on October 28th
The Home Games
- After the season home-opener against Iona on August 17th, the Pioneers hit the road for three-consecutive contests.
- SHU will return to take on UMass Lowell on September 3rd at 2 p.m
- The Pioneers will host Columbia on September 7th at 3 p.m. and Vermont on September 9th at noon for a weekend slate.
- After a road contest against Saint Peter's, the Pioneers return home on September 19th for its final non-conference home contest against New Hampshire at noon.