Laura Korutz - Head Coach - 19th Season - 158-159 Career Record
Head Coach Laura Korutz has built the Sacred Heart women’s lacrosse program into one of the top-teams year in and year out in the Northeast Conference. Korutz is entering her 19th year on the Pioneer sidelines and has guided Sacred Heart to three Northeast Conference Championships. Having directed her teams to 158 wins at SHU, Korutz continues to have the Pioneers positioned as a perennial contender in the NEC heading into 2019.
The Media, Pennsylvania native came to Sacred Heart after a standout playing career at the University of Massachusetts, where she graduated in 1999 with a degree in exercise science. She was a four-year starter at UMass and ranks among the program’s top ten in scoring, goals and assists.
During her senior season, she was named co-captain and was a preseason All-Atlantic 10 selection. She was also named to the 1999 A-10 Championship tournament team, 1999 Northeast Regional All-American and placed on the 1999 IWCLA Academic All-American team.
Korutz along with her son Cole resides in Fairfield, CT.
- Korutz has guided the Pioneers to seven double digit win seasons (2010, 2009, 2008, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001), and 12 NEC Tournament appearances in her tenure with the most recent appearance in 2017
- SHU won three consecutive NEC women's lacrosse championships under Korutz in 2008-10. The Pioneers also won or shared the regular season title in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012
- Korutz has been named NEC Coach of the Year three times (2006, 2009, 2010)
- The Pioneers went 9-0 in the NEC in 2010 on its way to winning the regular season and tournament championship
- Has had over 40 All-NEC selections and one NEC Player of the Year (Amanda Williams - 2009)