FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Sacred Heart women's lacrosse team opened its home slate on Wednesday afternoon with an 18-7 loss to the Fairfield Stags at Campus Field.
Fairfield – 3-2
SHU – 0-3
- Fairfield opened the game with seven consecutive goals. Brooke Gallagher and Olivia Russell each scored two goals, with Kathleen Hulseman assisting on three goals. Taylor Mitchell's tally at the 15:32 mark made the score 7-0.
- Sydney Ericson put SHU on the board with her goal at the 14:50 mark, making the score 7-1.
- After three straight Stags goals put Fairfield up 10-1, Hanna Wise and Alyssa Pearce scored 0:49 apart to get SHU back within seven, 10-3, with 6:58 to go. Fairfield tacked on two more goals before halftime to take a 12-3 lead.
- Wise opened the scoring with her second goal of the game, with an assist from Averi Farhat, to make the score 12-4 with 28:26 to play. Farhat then assisted on Nicole Holder's goal at the 26:59 mark.
- Farhat scored a free position goal with 12:41 remaining to get SHU within 10, 16-6. She recorded her third assist of the half with 1:55 to go on Wise's third goal.
- Wise had her second straight hat trick.
- Farhat led SHU with three assists and four points, all of which came in the second half.
- Dominique Anselmin had four draw controls and two caused turnovers.
- Paige Hammick made 10 saves in goal for SHU.
- Fairfield outshot SHU 40-25.
SHU travels to Hamden to face Quinnipiac on Saturday, March 3 at 12 p.m.