MANCHESTER, N.H.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team fell to Saint Anselm this afternoon by a final score of 5-1. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, February 15 when SHU hosts Saint Michael's. Puck-drop is set for 4:00 p.m.
- The Hawks would be able to outshoot the Pioneers in the first period by a margin of 12 shots to holding SHU to just seven.
- Saint Anselm was able to tally two goals in the period first coming at 12:52 in the period courtesy of Erin Meyers then followed five minutes later by a goal by Kelly Golini at 17:56 to close the period with Saint Anselm up 2-0.
- In the second period only Saint Anselm would be able to tally a goal in the period courtesy of Erin Myers at 18:46 in the period to put the Hawks up 3-0.
- Saint Anselm would outshoot the Pioneers again this time by a margin of 14-5 in second period.
- The Pioneers would be able to get on the scoreboard in the third period as senior Katie Stueve would cash in a goal to put SHU only two goals behind at 9:01 in the period. Assists would credited to freshman Anna Klein and junior Jayne Lewis.
- But the Hawks would come right back just two minutes later as Amanda Conger would score a power-play goal to give the Hawks a 4-1 lead at 11:37 in the third period.
- Saint Anselm would seal the game with another power-play goal this time coming from Jamie Gottwald at 14:28 to give the Hawks the eventual 5-1 win.