WINCHENDON, Mass.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team skated to a 0-0 tie with NEWHA foe Franklin Pierce tonight. The Pioneers will look to take the series tomorrow as the face the Ravens again this time for a 5:00 p.m. start.
- It would be all about defense even in the first period as the Pioneers attempted 13 shots in the opening period while holding Franklin Pierce to just four shots.
- At 15:03 in the opening period the Pioneers would have an opportunity on the power-play to score the first goal of the game but would be unable to sending the game into the second period with the score remaining 0-0.
- In the second the Ravens would outshoot the Pioneers by a total of nine shots to holding SHU to just six.
- Both sides would have an equal shot at the power-play but neither side would be able to capitalize on the advantage keeping the score 0-0 heading into the third period.
- In the third period the Pioneers would outshoot the Ravens seven shots to just six but neither side would be able to score in the period even with both sides once again having equal shots at the power-play advantage.
- With the score tied up at 0-0 the game would go into overtime
- Only two shots would be taken in the overtime period but neither would find the back of the net resulting in a 0-0 tie.