COLCHESTER, V.T.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team tied Saint Michael's 1-1 to kick the two game set with the Purple Knights. The Pioneers look to take the second game tomorrow for a 1:00 p.m. puck-drop.
- Both teams would go scoreless in the first period as the Pioneers would outshoot the Purple Knights 18-7 in the first period.
- At one point in the first period, the Pioneers would fire off five straight shots in a row each coming off the sticks of four different SHU players.
- Two would be saved as those shots came flying from Jayne Lewis and Cannady Taleghani
- The Pioneers would this time tie Saint Michael's in shots as both sides would fire off 11 shots in the period.
- SHU would be the first team to get on the board as freshman Kennedy Spiering would launch a shot passed the netminder at 11:10 in the period to put the Pioneers ahead 1-0.
- A pair of assists by senior Brooke McGreen and junior Maddie Bishop would aid the Pioneer goal.
- While the Pioneers outshot the Purple Knights in the third period 18-12, it would be Saint Michael's that would net the game tying goal to send the game into overtime.
- At 7:04 in the period Jordan Monbouquette would slip the game tying goal to tie the game up at 1-0 as the goal would go unassisted.
- SHU would be the only team that took shots in the first and only overtime period as the Pioneers fired off a total of four shots but none would be able to find the back of the net to conclude the game in a 1-1 tie.