ASTON, Pa.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Ice Hockey team completed the two game sweep of Neumann this afternoon in a convincing 13-4 victory over the Knights. With the win the Pioneers improve to 14-4-2 on the season while Neumann falls to 2-10-0 on the year. The Pioneers will return to action on Friday, January 11 when the Pioneers travel to face Saint Michaels. Puck-drop is set for 7:00 p.m.
- The Pioneers would outshoot the Knights 17-7 in the first period.
- But it would be the Knights the would tally the opening goal of the game as Syd Ladwig scored the first goal at 2:31 to give the Knights a 1-0 lead.
- SHU would not let down though as the Pioneers would net a game tying goal at 15:06 off the stick of first-year Kelly Solak to tie the game up at 1-1.
- The Solak goal came with a pair of assists by fellow first year Nicole Guidi and senior Haley Payne.
- The Pioneers would gain huge momentum in the second period as SHU tallied a total of five goals just in the second to give them a 6-2 lead at the end of the period.
- Two goals were netted by senior Haley Payne the first coming at 1:04 while the second came at 16:14.
- Two more goals would be scored by senior Katie Stueve the first coming at 6:41 followed by the second coming at 10:30.
- Freshman Samantha Shoebottom would net the final goal for the Pioneers in the second as she tallied her tenth goal of the season at 16:31.
- SHU would continue the scoring in the third as they would tally seven goals in the third to make the final score 13-4.
- The Pioneers took a total of 14 shots in the period compared to Neumann's 11.
- Two goals would be netted by senior Lilly Cleary the first coming at 1:35 while the second came at 10:47.
- Four separate Pioneers would score the remaining goals in the game which came off the sticks of Maddie Bishop (0:51), Katie Stueve (3:51), Olivia Bryant (Power-play 13:53), Jayne Lewis (17:18) and lastly Nicole Guidi (18:38).