FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Basketball team earned their second Northeast Conference victory of the season as the Pioneers defeated LIU Brooklyn by a final score of 75-53. The Pioneers will return to action on Saturday, January 12 when the Pioneers travel to Staten Island to face off against Wagner. Tip-off is set for 1:00 p.m.
Sophomore Adrianne Hagood led the way for the Pioneers as she tallied a career high 26 points going 8-17 from the field and 5-10 from beyond the arc. Two other Pioneers scored in double digits including graduate student Katherine Haines who tallied 14 points going 6-12 from the field at 2-3 from the free-throw line. Redshirt senior Candice Leatherwood nailed 12 points going 4-10 from the field and 1-5 from three point land. Sophomore Olivia Dabney also tallied a career high nine points as she went 3-4 from the field and beyond the arc.
- The Pioneers would take a commanding lead at the end of one with the score 24-13.
- Sophomore Adrianne Hagood would lead the way for the Pioneers with eight points as she went 2-2 from beyond the arc and 2-2 from the free-throw line.
- SHU would go on a 10-0 run in the first quarter to give the Pioneers a strong 11 point lead.
- The Pioneers would shoot 7-13 from the field and 4-6 from beyond the arc.
- Olivia Dabney would continue the Pioneers strong run as she would drain a three pointer to put the Pioneers ahead 27-15 early in the second quarter.
- The Pioneers would go 5-18 from the field while going 3-11 from three point land and went 3-5 from the free throw line.
- In the first half Hagood would go 4-8 from the field while shooting 3-5 from beyond the arc. Meanwhile redshirt senior Candice Leatherwood tally 10 points shooting 3-7 from the field while going 1-3 from three point distance.
- Sophomore guard Olivia Dabney went 2-3 from both the field and beyond the arc contributing to her six opening half points.
- The Pioneers would hold LIU to shooting just 36.7 percent from the field and 25.0 from three point distance.
- Guard Jeydah Johnson led the Blackbirds with 10 points shooting 4-8 from the field and 2-8 from beyond the arc.
- The Pioneers would tally a total of 20 points in the third quarter as SHU would shoot 6-12 from the field while going 3-7 from beyond the arc.
- Sophomore Adrianne Hagood would tally nine points in the third quarter to increase her total for the game to 22.
- The Pioneer defense would be strong in the third as SHU held LIU Brooklyn to just three field goals and zero three pointers to hold a convincing 20 point lead.
- SHU would be able to hold off the Blackbirds from attempting a comeback as the Pioneers held LIU to shooting just 6-10 from the field and 0-0 from beyond the arc.
- Meanwhile the Pioneers would shoot 7-15 from the field and 1-4 from beyond the arc to walk away with the convincing 75-53 victory.
- Sophomore Olivia Dabney tallied a career high nine points as she went 3-4 from the three point line and from the field.
- Hagood would also tally a career high 26 points in the Pioneer victory as she went 8-17 from the field and 5-10 from beyond the arc.