FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Basketball team looks to capitalize on its first NEC win of the season with a 6:00 p.m. matchup on Monday night against LIU Brooklyn. The game will be streamed on NEC Front Row.
- The Pioneers are facing LIU Brooklyn for the 39th time in program history. SHU currently leads the series 23-15.
- The Pioneers are scoring an average of 70.6 points per game when the outcome was a win for the Pioneers.
- As a team, SHU ranks second in the NEC in scoring defense (62.6) and ranks fifth in scoring offense (60.6), ninth in rebounding margin (-9.1) and sixth 3FG made/game (5.7)
- The Pioneers as a team rank sixth in the NEC in three-point percentage as they rack up 30.6% from beyond the arc.
SPREADING THE WEALTH
- The Pios had three players score in double figures in the win against CCSU as Katherine Haines (23), Erin Storck (15) and Adrianne Hagood (14) each scored double digit points in the Pioneers 66-61 win.
STORCK SPARKS THE OFFENSE
- Graduate Student Erin Storck currently is first on team in points this season with a total of 145 on the year. She is currently averaging 12.1 points per game which is second on the team. Storck compiled 15 points in the Pioneers against CCSU.
HAGOOD MAKES THE TEAM GOOD
- Sophomore Adrianne Hagood currently is third on team in points per game as she currentley averages 11.4 points per game.
- Hagood tallied 11 points and three rebounds in the Pioneers win on Saturday against Central Connecticut. She has tallied double digit scoring in the three of the past four games this season.
PIONEERS PREVAIL IN NEC OPENER AGAINST CCSU
- The Sacred Heart University women's basketball team opened Northeast Conference play with a 66-61 win over visiting Central Connecticut State University on Saturday afternoon at the Pitt Center. The win improves the Pioneers to 5-7 on the year and 1-0 in the league, while the Blue Devils fall to 3-8 overall and 0-1 in NEC action.
- Katherine Haines led all scorers with 23 points, and recorded her fourth double-double of the season, with 10 rebounds. Erin Storck tallied 15 points for the Pioneers, while Adrianne Hagood tallied 11 points.
STEERING SACRED HEART
- Graduate student Katherine Haines scored 23 points while contributing 10 rebounds and went 9-12 from the free throw line in the win against Central Connecticut.
- Graduate student Erin Storck scored 15 points as she went 4-13 from the field and 2-6 from beyond the arc.
PIONEERS PROVE STRONG AT THE FREE THROW LINE
- This season the Pioneers are currently third in the NEC in free throw percentage as they currently are shooting 69.9% from the line this season. The Pioneers are right behind St. Francis Brooklyn who are currently shooting 72.9% from the line and Fairleigh Dickinson who shoots 71.5% from the line.
IT'S GOOD TO BE HOME
- The Pioneers returned home on Saturday as they prevailed with a 66-61 victory over CCSU. Before Saturday's game, SHU has spent 3-5 five games on the road including a matchup with #18 Kentucky.
- Currently the Pionners hold a home record of 2-3 while on the road SHU is 3-4.
HAINES EARNS FOURTH DOUBLE-DOUBLE OF SEASON
- Graduate student Katherine Haines Haines had another huge day for the Pioneers in the 66-61 victory over Central Connecticut State on Saturday.
- The Graduate Student tallied 23 points with 10 boards to earn her fourth double-double of the season.
- Haines currently leads the team in points per game with 14.3 while also leading the team in rebounds per game with 9.1.
DAVIS PROVES STRONG OFF THE BENCH
- Sophomore Jayla Davis has been making a great contribution to the Pioneers espicially in the teams most recent win against Central Connecticut State.
- Davis went 2-5 from the field while she tallied a total of 7 points against the Blue Devils while also being a strong defensive force as she tallied five boards as well. Davis currently averages 5.2 points per game and 2.3 rebounds per game.
SCOUTING THE BLACKBIRDS
- The Blackbirds are coming off a recent loss to Bryant 69-62 to drop LIU Brookyln's record to 1-11 overall on the year and 0-1 in Northeast Conference play.
- Sophomore guard Jeydah Johnson currently leads the team in points per game as she averages 14.2 a game. She also currently leads the team in three point percentage as she is currently shooting 34.8% from beyond the arc.
- LIU Brooklyn currently ranks last in the NEC in scoring offense tallying 52.6 points per game while the Blackbirds rank fifth in the NEC in scoring defense holding opponets to 69.9 points a game.
- From the field, the Blackbirds are led by Brady Thomas who is currently shooting 38.9% from the field.
- On the defensive front the Blackbirds are led by sophomore guard Tia Montagne who averages 1.4 steals a game.
- Opponetts are currently out-rebounding the Blackbirds 42.4 to just 35.2 a game.