HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.- The Sacred Heart University Women's Basketball team (3-3 overall, 0-0 NEC) defeated Hofstra (3-5 overall, 0-0 CAA) on the road by a final score of 70-64.Graduate student Erin Storck and sophomore Adrianne Hagood led the team in points with 16 respectively. The Pioneers will return to action on Tuesday Dec. 4 when the team hosts Stony Brook at home. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.
Storck also contributed nine boards and went 3-4 from the free throw line. On the bench, sophomore Jayla Davis tallied 10 points shooting 3-4 from the field and shooting 4-4 from the free throw line. Madison Cheatham had a fantastic day going 4-4 from the field and 3-5 from the free throw line to tally up 11 points.
- Madison Cheatham would get the game started with a quick layup and drawing a foul to give the Pioneers a 3-0 lead.
- Then the rest of the quarter would go straight to graduate guard Erin Storck as she would tally seven of the 14 points for the Pioneers.
- SHU shot 5-15 from the field in the first while Hofstra went 7-13.
- Storck would also be the lead three-point shooter as she scored the lone three for both teams.
- Sophomore Jayla Davis would be the big contributor for the Pioneers in the second as she went 2-2 from the field scoring four points. Meanwhile sophomore Olivia Dabney would drain a three at 6:07 to cut the lead to two.
- The Pioneers would go 11-26 from the field while shooting 3-10 from the arc to tally a total of 35 points.
- Sophomore Adrianne Hagood would be a big producer as well as she drained a one three pointer and went 2-5 from the field while going 4-4 from the free throw line to land nine points in the first half.
- SHU would begin the comeback after being down six at the half as Storck would score lay in a quick jumper at 6:52 to cut the Hofstra lead to 42-38. Then just fifty seconds later Storck would find the open lane to tie the game up at 42-42.
- Dabney would then fire off a three pointer at 5:08 to give the Pioneers a 45-42 lead.
- A pair of free throws by Madison Cheatham would then give the Pioneers a 49-48 lead with 2:11 left in third.
- Storck would then continue her impressive evening with a tight lay-up to give the Pioneers a 51-50 lead with 1:02 remaining the quarter.
- Jayla Davis would score the go-ahead layup with seconds left in the quarter to give the Pioneers a 54-52 lead heading into the fourth.
- The Pioneers would shoot 7-16 from the field and 1-4 from beyond the arc.
- The fourth quarter would be big for the Pioneers as they would jump out to a four-point lead off a made layup by Candice Leatherwood to put SHU ahead 56-52 with 09:29 left in the fourth.
- After Hofstra would answer back with six unanswered points to take the lead at 08:25 57-56, The Pioneers would come back to tie the game up at 58 as Madison Cheatham would continue her impressive day by making a layoff off an assist by Leatherwood.
- Cheatham would finish her day 11 total points and would go perfect from inside the paint shooting 4-4 in field goals. She would also go 3-5 from the free throw line as well.
- The key turning point in the fourth quarter would be a key layup by Hagood with 1:39 left in the fourth to put the Pioneers ahead 67-64.
- Hofstra would be unable to counter eventually giving the Pioneers the 70-64 victory.