FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Sacred Heart women's basketball team is set to return home to close out Thanksgiving weekend on Sunday afternoon with a non-conference matchup against former Northeast Conference foe Monmouth. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. on NEC Front Row.
• SHU has shot at least 50 percent from the floor in at least one quarter in each game so far this season, including three quarters of at least 60 percent from the field.
• As a team, SHU ranks second in the NEC in scoring offense (68.0) and scoring defense (62.7), and fourth in both rebounding margin (-2.7) and 3FG made/game (8.3).
• Sacred Heart has not lost back-to-back games this season.
- Erin Storck and Olivia Dabney are the only two Pioneers who have hit from beyond the arc in all four games this season. Dabney (4.3 ppg) has hit exactly one triple in each game thus far, and Storck (14.0 ppg) is averaging 2.25 three-pointers per game this season.
- Adrianne Hagood turned out a career-performance Wednesday at Providence, dropping 21 points on 6-of-14 shooting, surpassing her previous career-best of 20 set last season against Harvard. She was a perfect 7-for-7 from the free throw line and played a career-high 38 minutes.
HAINES PICKING UP AWARDS
- Katherine Haines was named the NEC Co-Player of the Week on Nov. 19 after nearly averaging a double-double in two games, and was instrumental in leading SHU to a 2-0 week. Her 18.5 points per game, 9.5 rebounds per game, .552 field goal percentage, .750 three-point field goal percentage, and three total blocks all led the team.
- Against UNH, she had a game-high 23 points and 12 rebounds on 10-of-16 shooting and a career-high three three-pointers (3-for-4). She also added two blocks, two assists and one steal.
- Sacred Heart hit 11 threes on 11/18 at New Hampshire, their most since they connected on 16 from beyond the arc against St. Francis Brooklyn on 3/5/2017.
- SHU shot 52.9 percent (18-for-34) from three-point range over a two-game span against Siena and New Hampshire.
CAREER NIGHT FOR MURPHY
- Allyson Murphy set new career-highs with 12 points, three steals at UNH on Sunday. She also tied her career-high with four rebounds.
- SHU has several players ranking among the top five in the NEC in several categories, including:
- PPG: Storck (4th/15.7) and Haines (5th/15.3)
- FG%. Haines (5th/.533)
- 3FG%: Leatherwood (3rd/.545), Storck (5th/.500), Dabney (5th/.500).
SECOND QUARTER SURGE
- Sacred Heart shot 48 percent in the 2nd-thru-4th quarters against Siena on Nov. 13 after going just 4-of-14 in the first.
- SHU shot at least 60 percent in both the second and fourth quarters.
SPREADING THE WEALTH
- The Pios had four players score in double figures for second time in the last for games vs. Siena - (Storck- 17, Haines- 14, Leatherwood- 12 and Davis -11). Four Pios scored in double figures against Bryant in the NEC Quarterfinals.
BIG DAY FOR DAVIS
- Sophomore Jayla Davis scored 11 points (one shy of her career-high) on 3-of-3 shooting off the bench against Siena. She connected on her first-career three-pointer and hit a career-best four free throws.
- Sacred Heart has averaged 24.5 points in the fourth quarter through its first two games, and outscored UMass and Siena 49-29 in the fourth quarters.