Setting the Scene... The Pioneers host Central Connecticut State in the final regular season home game of 2012-13 on Monday night. The Sacred Heart Women's Basketball team, who clinched a berth in the Northeast Conference Tournament, are hunting for a win after their nine-game win streak was snapped by Quinnipiac Saturday afternoon.
Series Notes... This is the 40th time in program history the Pioneers have played Central Connecticut State
- The Pioneers lead the all-time series, 26-13
- Since joining the NCAA Division I Ranks, Sacred Heart is 22-6 against the Blue Devils
- Exactly 32 years after dropping their first meeting 74-55 in 1980, on January 21, 2012, the Pioneers don the last meeting 63-57 at home.
SHU Against the NEC... Sacred Heart is 204-100 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents
- The Pioneers went 15-3 last season against the NEC, including three tournament wins en route to their third NEC Championship
- Sacred Heart only lost to Quinnipiac, Monmouth and LIU Brooklyn last year
- SHU has a winning record against all NEC teams: Bryant 9-7, Central Connecticut State 26-13, Fairleigh Dickinson 23-1, LIU Brooklyn 15-12, Monmouth 18-11, Mount St. Mary's 23-4, Quinnipiac 34-27, Robert Morris 19-7, Saint Francis U 15-8, St. Francis Brooklyn 21-9 and Wagner 19-8
Last Time Against the Blue Devils... Gabrielle Washington (Mesa, Ariz.) led the Pioneers with her sixth 20-plus point performance of the season, lighting up the board with 24 points as the Sacred Heart Women's Basketball Team dropped their first overtime game of the season 62-57 to in-state rival Central Connecticut State University. The sophomore shot 45% from the field, while the team shot a dismal 28% from the tonight, the third time this season SHU has shot under 30%.