FAIRFIELD, Conn- The Sacred Heart Wrestling Team released its 2018-19 schedule Tuesday, starting with the Tiger Open November 4 at Princeton University in New Jersey.
The Pioneers will be hosting a total of six duals this year while wrestling against seven EIWA opponents as well as three Ivy League Conference schools. The team also is expected to face off against nine teams the team faced last year.
- The Pioneers will next compete at the Journeyman Classic on November 10 in which they will face Bloomsburg, Citadel and Appalachian State in Albany, N.Y.
- The Pioneers then take the road at the Keystone Classic (11/18). Dual meets versus Davidson (12/1), and VMI (12/1). The team then heads to the Wilkes Open (12/22), and lastly the David Lehman Open in a dual meet with Franklin and Marshall at 9:00 a.m.
- SHU wrestling then has a five match home stand where they first take on the number 13 ranked team in the nation Cornell for the first time in program history on January 19. The team will next host Franklin and Marshall on (1/20) followed by AIC on (1/25), then Bucknell on (1/26) and lastly Binghamton on February 2 to wrap up the five match home stand.
- Prior to post season competition, SHU wrestling take the road for the first time in February where they take on Columbia on the third. The team will host its last home match of the season on Saturday Feb. 9 when the Pioneers host Hofstra. The teams last match of the regular season will come on the road at Brown on February 23.
- The Pioneers look to once again reach the EIWA Championships which will begin on March 8 in Binghamton, N.Y. and will run until the ninth. After the EIWA Championships, SHU looks to head to the NCAA's on March 21-23 in Pittsburgh, Pa.