NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Sacred Heart men's track and field team dominated in the throwing events and earned a 15th place finish at the 2019 New England Outdoor Championships held this past weekend on the campus of Southern Connecticut State University. Michael Kearns Ishot put) and Cameron Crcoe (hammer throw) each claimed runner-up finishes to earn All-New England honors in their respective events.
- Kearns was outstanding in the shot put, posting a personal-best throw of 16.85m to take second place in a field of 24 of the best competitors from across New England
- Croce showed very well, also throwing a career-best mark of 57.79m to claim a runner-up finish in the hammer throw
- Jeffrey Young placed for the first time in his career at New Englands, advancing to the finals and placing sixth with a personal-best time of 14.54 seconds
- Andy Suarez nearly placed in the discus, posting a mark of 41.56m to take 12th place
- Both Corey Picard and Alex Valle posted a personal-best time in the 10,000m as Picard clocked in at 33:58.23 to earn 14th place while Valle crossed the line in 34:37.52 to claim 17th place