MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team fell to Robert Morris this afternoon by a final score of 5-1. The Pioneers will return to action on Sunday Oct. 27 when SHU continues its Pennsylvania swing at Saint Francis U. Kick-off is set for 2:00 p.m.
- The first half was all about the defense as the Pioneers were outshot by Robert Morris just 4-2 in the opening half.
- The Pioneers capitalized on the limited Colonials shots as senior CJ Weinstein fired off a shot passed the goalie at 22:54 to give SHU a 1-0 lead after the first half.
- Senior goalie Robert Strain would tally three saves in the opening half and allowed zero goals.
- In the second half, both sides were even in shots 9-9.
- But while SHU couldn't find the back of the net in the second, Robert Morris took advantage tallying five goals in the second half alone.
- The first would come off the foot of Matt Cillo at 47:04 to even the score at 1-1.
- Just three minutes later, Roald Ravlum nailed the go-ahead goal at 50:37 to put the Colonials ahead 2-1 off an assist by Cristian Palmero.
- Three more goals were scored in the half as Onando Collins (62:21), Jon Faynik (77:05) and Michael Petitti (88:28) would each score for the Colonials to give Robert Morris the 5-1 victory.
- The Pioneers would fall to 2-9-2 on the season and 1-3-2 in conference play.
- Senior goalie Robert Strain tallied four saves on the day.
- Weinstein's goal was his first of the season.