FAIRFIELD, Conn.- The Sacred Heart University Men's Soccer team dropped it's season opener this afternoon to NJIT by a final score of 7-0. The Pioneers will return to action on Monday, Sept. 2 when the Pioneers face Massachusetts. Game-time is set for 4:00 p.m.
- In the first half the Pioneers would be outshot by the Highlanders 11 to seven in the opening half.
- NJIT would score the opening goal at 13:47 in the first half off the foot of Rene White to put the Highlanders ahead 1-0.
- Throughout the first half the Highlanders tallied three more goals to take a 4-0 lead heading into the second half.
- It would be all NJIT in the second half as they would outshoot the Pioneers 13 to six the half.
- The Pioneers would tally up a total of six saves in the have while letting up three goals to give the Highlanders the 7-0 victory.
- In the attacking direction for both sides NJIT would edge the Pioneers in possesion towards the net as NJIT reached 37% compared to SHU's 20%.
PERIOD TIME PLAY V - H
NJIT 1st 13:47 Rene White (2) (Ryan Melink) 1 - 0
NJIT 1st 17:07 Thomas Radon (1) (Rene White) 2 - 0
NJIT 1st 41:14 Rene White (2) (Andrew Nino) 3 - 0
NJIT 1st 41:35 Andrew Nino (1) (Luc Smith) 4 - 0
NJIT 2nd 76:27 Luc Smith (1) (Andrew Nino) 5 - 0
NJIT 2nd 84:24 Andy Alvarez (1) (Alejandro Rabell) 6 - 0
NJIT 2nd 85:37 Daniel Rodriguez (1) (Alejandro Rabell) 7 - 0