FAIRFIELD, Conn.—The Sacred Heart men's soccer team picked up their first Northeast Conference soccer win on Sunday, defeating Robert Morris, 3-0 at Campus Field. The Pioneers (3-9-2, 1-4 NEC) used a strong first half, scoring on three of their eleven shots to drop the Colonials (3-9-2, 0-4-1 NEC).
Sacred Heart will host Bryant on Friday October 28 in their last NEC home game, kickoff is set for 5:00pm.
- Julian Linke's header attempt gets blocked by the RMU defense in the 5th minute
- Curras corner kick feed to Carniero got the Pioneers on the board first in the 16th minute
- Santos found Siyadhuba to the left side of the box on the cross to give the Pioneers 2-0 lead
- Sarr netted first career goal with five seconds to go in the first half, Saunchez with the assist
- Fondi made a great diving stop on Aaron Schwartz's shot in the 56th minute
- Strain with the diving stop to deny Bayley Winkel from scoring in the 82nd minute
- Curras' strike from 13 yards out banked off the right post