FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Sacred Heart men's basketball schedule for the 2017-18 season became finalized Wednesday with the release of the Northeast Conference schedule.
Here are some of the key dates of the conference schedule:
- SHU opens with three of its first four games at the Pitt Center. The Pioneers open NEC play on Friday, Dec. 29 against St. Francis Brooklyn, followed by a New Year's Eve matchup with Fairleigh Dickinson.
- After going to Wagner on Jan. 4, SHU hosts Bryant at the Pitt Center on Jan. 6.
- The Pioneers go on the road to take on defending NEC champions Mount St. Mary's on Jan. 11 and St. Francis Brooklyn on Jan. 13.
- SHU will take on Robert Morris and Saint Francis U on back-to-back weekends. The Colonials and Red Flash come to the Pitt Center Jan. 18 and 20, with the Pioneers going out the western Pennsylvania on Jan. 26 to play Robert Morris and Jan. 28 to face Saint Francis U.
- The Pioneers swap home and road weekends in February. SHU opens the month at the Pitt Center Feb. 1 against LIU Brooklyn and Feb. 3 against Central Connecticut. The Pioneers then go on the road to face FDU and CCSU Feb. 8 and 10.
- SHU's final home weekend starts Feb. 15 against Wagner, with the final home game on Feb. 17 against Mount St. Mary's.
- The regular season wraps up with SHU at Bryant on Feb. 22 and at LIU Brooklyn on Feb. 24.
Game Times for the 2017-18 season will be announced at a later date. Fans interested in season tickets can email PioneerTickets@sacredheart.edu.