Kelsey Armstrong joined the SHU Department of Athletics in August 2019 as the Student-Athlete Support Services Coordinator. In that role, she will lead community service initiatives, serves as the advisor to H.E.A.R.T. and oversee the academic progress of seven athletic programs.
Armstrong earned her Bachelor's of Education at Western New England University in May 2016 and earned her Master's in Physical Education, Athletic Administration from Springfield College in May 2018.
- Armstrong served as the Chief of Staff for the Director of Athletics at the University of Hartford from July 2018-July 2019
- In that role she advised the Hawks SAAC, planned student-athlete development days and organized and ensured Title IX training for student-athletes and staff
- She served as an Athletic Administration Graduate Associate at Springfield while earning her degree, planning and supervising event management for 26 varsity sports
- She assisted in running numerous NCAA and NEWMAC championships, serving as the 2018 NEWMAC Men's Basketball Tournament Director and the 2019 NCGA WOmen's Gymnastics Tournament Director
- Armstrong served on the NCAA Division III Men's Volleyball National Championship Committee, assisting in the planning and operations of the tournament
- She interned at Hartford for six months in compliance, a role she also held at UConn during the Summer of 2017
- Armstrong was a two-sport athlete at Western New England; playing volleyball (2012-15) and lacrosse (2012-14)