WEST WINDSOR, Conn – The Sacred Heart women's tennis team dropped the doubles point and lost three singles matches to fall to the Saint Francis Red Flash, 4-2, in the NEC Tournament quarterfinals Thursday afternoon at the Mercer County Tennis Center. The Pioneers finish the season with an 8-12 record.
The Pioneers lone two wins came from Katie DeRienzo (Douglaston, NY) and Nicole Rydzewski (Maspeth, NY). DeRienzo cruised to her fifth straight win, 6-2, 6-4, over Rafaela Panizza at number one singles, while Rydzewski battled back from losing the first set to defeat Danielle Gryckiewicz, 3-6, 6-2, 6-0 at number four singles.
- Katie DeRienzo (SHU) def. Rafaela Panizza, 6-2, 6-4
- Shivani Patel def. Gabi Kaldan (SHU), 6-2, 6-1
- Lucy Jasso def. Paige Olson (SHU), 6-4, 6-1
- Nicole Rydzewski (SHU) def. Danielle Gryckiewicz, 3-6, 6-2, 6-0
- Brittini Jentz def. Taylor Gurda (SHU), 6-2, 6-2
Gryckiewicz/Alex Sachs def. Rydzewski/DeRienzo (SHU), 8-3
Jasso/Jentz def. Kaldan/Gurda (SHU), 8-5