The Sacred Heart University swimming and diving team dropped a 122-58 decision to host Central Connecticut State University in New Britain. The Pioneers drop to 5-7 on the year in dual meet action.
The meet featured all sprint events, with no individual event longer than 200 yards. Lauren Somers paced the Pioneers effort with a pair of wins, capturing the 50 and 100 freestyle events.
SHU is back in action Saturday when it travels to NJIT to take on Monmouth at 11:00 am.
- Somers won the 50-free with a swim of 24.39
- Somers captured her second win of the night with a 52.55 effort in the 100
- Kim Hylan placed third for the Pioneers in the 200, touching at 1:59.36
- Nicole Pergolotti was second on the one-meter board with 153 points
- The Pioneers took the second and third spot in the 50, with Emily Peter at 26.97 and Fiona Maxwell at 27.86
- Somers anchored the Pioneers 200 freestyle relay, with a split of 24.85, as SHU placed second at 1:43.15
- Margaret Flaherty led off the closing relay, followed by Alana Donabie and Peter
- Emily Shenk, Jessica Poole, Nikole Rudis and Victoria Catizone combined for a time of 1:54.72 to place second in the 200-medley relay to open the meet