The Sacred Heart University swimming and diving team fell 165-98 at Assumption College Saturday evening. The loss drops the Pioneers to 4-5 in dual meet action, while the Greyhounds improve to 4-0.
Fiona Maxwell highlighted the Pioneers evening with a pool record swim in the 100-butterfly, touching at 1:00.03. Maxwell also won the 200-butterfly, accounting for two of five Pioneer wins on the day.
The Pioneers return to the pool at the ECAC Winter Championship, December 1-3 at Nassau County Aquatics Center in East Meadow, N.Y. The facility is the host of the 2018 Northeast Conference Championship, February 21-24.
- Maxwell's win in the 100-fly was a season-best time
- Maxwell also won the 200-butterfly, touching at 2:13.62, with Nikole Rudis third
- Anna Brown gave SHU its second-win of the day with a swim of 1:01.65 in the 100-backstroke
- Jessica Poole took the win in the 200-breaststroke, touching at 2:31.61 and was second in the 400 IM at 4:55.81
- Jessica Poole closed in the back half of the 100-breaststroke, coming up just shy, to place second at 1:09.92
- Sarah Hensal finished third in the 400 IM, at 5:00.19
- Kim Hylan picked up the win in the 200-freestyle, with a swim of 1:59.11, taking the lead on the third 50 after being in third place at the midway point
- Hylan was second in the 50-freestyle, with a final time of 25.78
- Flaherty earned a third-place finish in the 100-freestyle, with a 55.83
- Flaherty posted a second-place finish in the 1,650-freestyle, touching at 18:01.86, with Nicole Sauve placing third
- Lauren Spencer gave SHU a third-place finish in the 500-freestyle, finishing at 5:27.86
- Brown, Poole, Maxwell and Victoria Catizone opened the meet with a second-place finish in the 200-medley relay, touching at 1:54.09
- The Pioneer squad of Flaherty, Hylan, Catizone and Brown placed second in the 200-freestyle relay to conclude the meet, touching at 1:43.58