The Sacred Heart Softball team travelled to Fairfield University, to take on the Red Stags. The Pioneers bats were hot, as they picked up 14 hits. Fallon Bevino led the way going three for five at the plate, adding a homerun. The Pioneers are back at home as they host LIU Brooklyn in a double header on Saturday.
Sacred Heart 11 Fairfield 5
- The Pioneers wasted no time in the first inning, as Lauren Delgadillo, and Hailey Desrosiers started things with a pair of hits
- Delgadillo would eventually score on a pass ball, but a Victoria D'Addario single would bring in Desrosiers to give the Pioneers a 2-0 lead early
- The Red Stags responded with a run of their own in the first, after a lead of hit by pitch
- The second inning was similar to the first for the Pioneers as Andrea Sidor, lead off with a single, followed by Desrosiers who drew a walk. Fallon Bevino would step to the plate, and smoke a double down the left field line to bring in the two Pio's, the inning wouldn't end there, as D'Addario would hit a double to bring in Bevino, and give the Pioneers a 5-1.
- Each team would hold each other scoreless till SHU would tally another run in the top of the 5th, as Andrea Sidro would double to left field, bringing in pinch runner Chloe Weeks
- Pioneers defense would stand tough, rolling two in the bottom of the fifth inning.
- The Pioneer bats were on fire! In the top of the 6th inning, SHU picked up three more runs, with the highlight of the inning being a Bevino two run home run to put Sacred Heart up 9-1 and force the Stags to bring in another pitcher.
- Each team would pick up addition runs, leaving the score 11-5 with SHU on top