LORETTO, Pa.— The Sacred Heart women's soccer team fell to Central Connecticut, 3-0 in the Northeast Conference semifinal on Friday afternoon.
CCSU (9-10-1, 6-2 NEC) got on the board with a goal from Karla Jackson from on a cross from Emily Hogan from 18 yards out to take the 1-0 lead in the fourth minute. The Pioneers continued to battle with seven shots in the first half. Lauren Casanovadiaz added the Blue Devils second tally on a chip in to top left corner from another pass by Hogan. The Blue Devils added their final score in the 68th minute as Carla Jackson played a through ball to Danielle Pearse from 18 yards out. Sophomores Alex Mesropyan and Melanie DaSilva led the Pioneers with two shots each. Sophomore goalkeeper Nicole Sambuco recorded four saves on the day.
The Pioneers close out the season at 8-6-5 and 5-1-2 in the NEC.
- Jackson's tally from 18 yards out gave CCSU the 1-0 lead early in the game.
- Maranda Gibbon's has her long shot saved by a diving Turley.
- Mesropyan had a laser of a free kick shot. But went right at Turley.
- Sambuco stop on free kick chance in the 36th minute
- Hogan found Casanovasdiaz in the middle of the box for the chip in to give the Blue Devils the 2-0 lead.
- Shot by Olivia Crema gets blocked by the deflected by CCSU defense into Turley's hands.
- Sambuco picked up the save on a long shot by Kelly Halligan.
- Pearse brought the game to 3-0 on a through ball from Jackson in the 68th minute.
- Caitlyn Buckley missed the final Pioneers shot just wide in the 85th minute.