The Sacred Heart University rugby team fell 48-17 to host University of New England Saturday evening. The Nor'easters improve to 3-1 with the victory, while the Pioneers fall to 2-2 on the season.
UNE tallied the only points of the first-half, building a 17-0 edge at the intermission. SHU scored first in the second-half, with Tessa Buckey's first try and the Kaylee Hale conversion. UNE scored the next three tries, before Buckey ended the run.
SHU returns to action on October 14 when it travels to Molloy for an 11 am contest.
- Kassidy Towne recorded the opening two tries of the match at 37:59 and 25:00 to build a 10-0 lead for UNE
- Lara Murnik scored at the 17:47 mark and Zoe Adams made the conversion for a 17-0 lead
- Buckey scored her first try early in the second-half and the Hale conversion cut the deficit to 17-7
- Caitlin Parades answered 2:48 later to start a 19-0 run that built the UNE advantage to 36-7
- Buckey scored at the 17:10 mark to end the run
- UNE scored at 12:33 and 6:00 to push its advantage to 48-12
- Buckey wrapped up the scoring with her third try of the day at the 4:18 mark